Ooh la la! The wind is picking up, the sun is setting much earlier, and the pumpkin-flavored treats are plentiful. It's getting to be that time of year. There are so many wonderful things to be thankful for right now. Let's elaborate on a few, shall we?
1. Infographics! I am constantly in awe of gorgeously designed infographics... little pieces that are not only aesthetically pleasing but also teach you something! (I wish textbooks were this beautiful! Seriously! I'd want to be at school all day every day!) I've pretty much *favorited* everything from the GDS Infographics photostream on Flickr! I've even been inspired to do a shark-themed infographic for my portfolio! Here are a few of their beauties! (Note how "not beautiful" some of the information is! Mass layoffs and ballooning CEO salaries?! Man, they sure make it look good though don't they?!) I'll stop at just three because I'd really just like to post her entire gallery!
2. My personal branding! The business cards are still in the tweaking phases but I've solidified a color palette and a logo! I feel like it's the perfect balance of playfulness and colorful candy shop infused with beach whimsy! (Seriously! If I were a logo and/or business card, THIS would be me! I'm so tickled!) I'll be printing them before too long and the mini cards will go out with Etsy orders while the larger ones will be up for grabs to anyone who would like to pass them around! (Spoiler alert: I'm going to try to take *the* perfect photo of my sweet vintage fringe boots for the back of one card! AND you can expect my personal website and my blog to take on this color scheme and branding very soon! Ooh la la!) So many of you have been asking to see more of my graphic design so here you go!
3. Netflix! Seriously! Even though we've managed to hang on to the same DVD for what seems like 6 months, $9 for all of the Instant Play features is such a steal! I'm such a fan of Netflix! All the way! We watched "Good Dick" last night and while it was very very different, it was also surprisingly well done! The soundtrack was incredible! I highly recommend everyone watch seasons 1 and 2 of Pushing Daisies if you haven't yet! Swoon! What are some of your favorite things to watch via Netflix?
4. Smells! Things like freshly cut grass (which is slightly bittersweet as it is now September and that smell will no longer be around!), cinnamon (welcome Autumn!), fresh laundered clothes (mmm!), and a nice big ol' pot of brewed coffee!
5. Kites! I wish I would have made more of an effort to enjoy simple things like this this year. I guess other things got in the way of life and kites simply went overlooked! I suppose they're a bit more appropriate for spring and summer, but what about a sweet autumn inspired kite for fall?! (Apple cider, picnic blankets, pumpkin pie and kites anyone?!? Meet me in the park!)
6. Charleston, South Carolina! Okay, well, maybe I can't say this from experience (I've never been there!), but I really think I'd like the place! Honestly! Mike and I are going to try as hard as we might to get out to Charleston for fall break next month (just 5 weeks away!) and we're hoping that we can maybe fall in love with it and one day call it home. Do any of you live in/around Charleston? Feel like suggesting places for us to check out or wanna meet up for coffee? Let us know!
What are you loving this week?