I've been trying really hard to come up with 24 goals for myself this year... but I keep feeling like I'm coming up short. I finally had a chance to sit down and think about things that would be challenging yet rewarding (and fun!), and this is what I came up with... (click to view image full size)
In case that's hard to read (Whoa!), they are...
1. Dye my hair a color other than red or brown.
2. Successfully bake a tiered cake.
3. Learn how to do makeup properly. (aka just don't suck at it)
4. Sew 4 dresses from scratch.
5. Write another e-book or e-course.
6. Learn to make jewelry.
7. Buy a house (or at least get serious about the location)
8. Create a time capsule for 2012.
9. Take more daily life photos for the blog.
10. Launch a pre-made layout shop.
11. Honeybean brick + mortar.
12. Create free downloads for LCH.
13. Write a letter each week.
14. Organize my office to include my studio.
15. Launch a print shop.
16. Do more reviews + vlogs on LCH about things I buy.
17. Downsize my closet + belongings. (contradictory to #16!)
18. Empty my inbox and get it organized!
19. Build a piece of furniture all by myself.
20. Organize an Instax display for our house.
21. Take regular work breaks + learn to unplug.
22. Learn basic calligraphy. (and maybe learn to spell it right! whoops!)
23. Put my toes in the sand at the beach.
24. Have a vegetable garden.
I'd say those are pretty good goals for my 24th year! What do you think?
Feel free to click "Read More" below to read the recap on my 23 before 24 list!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥23 was an awesome year. I know I don't even need to touch on that again. But I thought for the sake of holding myself accountable, I should go back to my 23 before 24 list and see what I was able to check off! I didn't exactly complete the ones in bold. Better luck this year, right?!
1. Visit a state I've never been to: Wisconsin! Mike, Susannah and I ventured up to Milwaukee when we were in Chicago in January! It was a fun little trip and it was such a quaint little city!
2. Sew a dress from scratch: Gonna have to roll this one over to my new list because I never got around to it... Got to the cutting the pattern and fabric, but the assembly never came to fruition.
3. Be a vendor at my first craft fair: We did 2 shows with Honeybean last year, so that technically counts. We've also secured the first two shows this Spring, too!
4. Get another large statement tattoo (legs or feet): I got both of my shins done and one of my calves... I'd say that counts!
5. Get straight across bangs: Trimmed them to see if I'd like it, and then thought I couldn't pull them off so I just swished them to the side again.
6. Walk a total of 500 miles: Made this goal when Mike and I would go on daily 3+ mile walks in the morning. We then moved to an area of town where that wasn't really feasible so if I walked 500 miles then it wasn't because I aimed to
7. Do a 30 day wardrobe challenge: I couldn't even do those photo a day challenges for one month, much less a wardrobe challenge. Whoops!
8. Get a dermal anchor piercing: Decided to wait until after the wedding.
9. Get my business license: I feel like I went above and beyond for this one, so can we pretend it covers all of the others I didn't do yet?!
10. Brand my handmade line: It branched out to several lines, but I did it!
11. Get said handmade line into a retail shop: Does Honeybean count? :P
12. Watch every Paul Rudd movie: Duh.
13. Go rollerskating or ice skating: I went ice skating with Mike, Elle and Bryan a few months back and it was so much fun!
14. Try Hot Yoga: also did this with Elle (and Kelley!) and it was a blast. A sweaty, exhausting, invigorating blast.
15. Go camping... with a legit bonfire and tent: Mike and I went on a 2 day, 20 mile canoeing trip with Brian and Christina earlier in the Fall. Woke up to a Brown Recluse in our tent, but it was still fun! (However I do not even want to look at a canoe for like... 5 more years!)
16. Make our loft an inspiring place to live and work: Well, you decide!
17. Design and build Mike's photography brand and website: DONE! I need to share it with y'all soon!
18. Go cabrewing with friends (canoeing with lots of beer): See #15.
19. Bake yummy goodies from scratch: Pies are my favorite thing.
20. Meet more blogger friends: I feel like I've met so many awesome people through my blog this year. I hope this continues for many, many years to come!
21. Graduate college: I actually graduated December 2010 but since O'More didn't have a winter grad ceremony I walked in the Spring and got my diploma on my mom's birthday!
22. Diy! Diy! Diy!: Done and more done!
23. Plan the dreamiest wedding ever with Mike: well on it's way! We found the venue this weekend and I have a "backup" dress already lined up!
4 out of 23? Not too shabby I think!
Do you do a ## before ## goal list each year? I'd love to see them! Link me over!