Happy Thanksgiving, American friends! And Happy Thursday to the rest of ya! Man, I feel like I really have a lot to be thankful for this year, and even just two sentences into this post I'm tearing up. (I'm a sap though, so just overlook it). This has been THE BEST year yet. Never could I have thought that at this point in time I would be married, with a kid, and living my dream life. I'll just forewarn you that I'll probably say most of the same things come NYE haha Here's a little list of things I'm grateful for:
1. My amazing husband. (Ha! Husband! That's still so weird + fun to say) Mike is a man who constantly puts my needs before his own. A guy who brings me a cup of coffee every morning, helps me in any and every way he knows how, and shares an ultimate goal. He lends me his socks when my toes get cold, and cooks delicious meals when I act (and sometimes am) incompetent in the kitchen. He also doesn't make fun of me when I cry at the drop of the hat while watching a sappy AT&T commercial. He's pretty great. Not to mention he's an incredible father.
2. Toby. Man, so much can be said about that little dude. He's easily the most frustrating, sometimes infuriating, but cutest in every way kid. I've learned so much about patience and selflessness by having him as part of our family. The way he greets me with "Mommy!" when he's excited to show me something, and his little hugs + kisses before bedtime, and the way he tells me he loves my dress or that I "look like a beautiful princess" when I spend a little extra time on myself in the morning. No words can share just how thankful I am to have this opportunity to be a loving daily figure in his life.
3. My parents. They are amazing. Their love + devotion to one another is truly inspiring. You can tell they're best friends. My mom gets the credit for everything I've ever done because she raised me, and my stepdad is the best dad ever. They help take some of the load off with Toby at times, to give us a little breathing room, and they treat us to family vacations and let us use their pool all summer. Can't forget that RV! :P It's not all superficial of course. They are incredibly supportive of my often "non traditional" approach to life and work, even if it's the opposite of anything they've ever done themselves. But the number one reason why I'm so thankful for them is simple: They were and are so welcoming of Toby. They love him so so much, it's almost annoying. Toby is so lucky.
4. My Nana. I spent so much time with her growing up, and I'll always have fond memories of The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune. Seeing her now with my little cousin Kaylie reminds me so much of the time I spent with her while my mom worked. Plus she makes a mean Stuffed Cabbage (any Polish people out there a fan?! I love!)
5. Mike's family. So much can be said about that crazy bunch. I've always felt so welcome with them, like I've always been part of their family. As intimidating as Mike's dad was when I was 18, I can now see he's a big ol softie at heart. Mike's stepmom Terri has been a constant source of inspiration on how to be a proper and compassionate lady. Plus she's an amazing cook! Mike's siblings (all of them!) are so wonderful in every way. Maggie is hands down the reason our wedding even happened. I can't even express my gratitude. Laine is the most adorable thing in the world and I just love her to pieces. Ryan has been living in Thailand for the past 2+ years, but I totally cherish the Skype chat Mike and I had with him at our rehearsal dinner. Christy is so nice and wonderful, plus Toby loves his 2 cousins. Can't forget Grandma Ginny either. I've never met a kinder soul. We definitely miss Mike's grandpa on the regular. I'll never forget him having me "pet" his eyebrow at the Easter dinner table the very first time I met him!
6. Friends! Friends who traveled from all over the country to share in our wedding. Friends who go out for margaritas with me in the middle of the day in the middle of the week (Maya!). Friends who sing karaoke with you in a dive bar. Friends who plan awesome shindigs, make awesome plans, and are just generally all around awesome (see where I'm going with this?) Friends who keep in touch no matter the distance that separates you. I have some incredibly awesome friends and I love all of them so much.
And for the less serious crowd...
I'm thankful for: Netflix ♥ Having the ability to do work that I love for a living ♥ Richard Photo Lab ♥ Clients who challenge me ♥ Novelty salt and pepper shakers ♥ the internet ♥ Uniball Vision Pens ♥ Post-It Notes ♥ Jeffrey Campbell Shoes ♥ Picklesickles ♥ the Autumn season ♥ Diet Pepsi ♥ things shaped like cheeseburgers ♥ coffee in novelty mugs ♥ Loquat ♥ glitter ♥ having the chance to come here on LCH and rant and rave about silly things day in and day out ♥ Honeybean ♥ BUST magazine ♥ Martha Stewart ♥ our iPad ♥ Georgia and Pipkin and Enid (I love them so much it's almost pathetic) ♥ future RV vacations
What are you grateful for?