I woke up this morning with an incredibly sore throat and a charlie horse that went from my hip to my ankle, but rather than let that get me down on a Monday, I decided to think about the really rad little things that are going so well right now...
My list of (awesome) little things includes:
- A sweet husband who made me a delicious hot cup of tea when I woke up. (I don't even like tea, but this was surprisingly delicious and it helped so much!) I love that the first thing he does in the morning is make himself a big ol' thing of tea also because it frees up the coffee pot for decaf coffee!
- Decaf coffee (as mentioned in #1). As soon as I found out I was pregnant I nixed all caffeine. Finally after 2 months of just OJ in the morning, I opted to try decaf coffee. Maybe it's the fact I haven't had real coffee in forever, but I can't seem to tell the difference. Win!
- Finding out the sex of the littlest Flynn! We opted to have an elective ultrasound last week and we finally got a peek at the sex! We are over the moon. It already feels so much more "real" and I can't wait for this baby to get here! We'll share the happy news soon! We wanted to enjoy it for a little while.
- Spending an entire day shopping with my mom. Yesterday we spent the entire day at Opry Mills taking full advantage of the 40% baby sales at every store. Baby Flynn is going to be one adorable little kid. Toby even got some cool new pieces, too! I love having the chance to spend that time with my mom for sure.
- Knowing Vegas is just one week away! I'm so much more relaxed about WWDMAGIC this time around. I'm only packing like 4 dresses and a pair of flats. Keeping it super simple! There's definitely more contractual obligations this time around, but I'm excited to get there and jump in.
- Awesome design clients. I have so many amazing clients right now and that's the best feeling. I'm excited to finalize a few projects this week and start a few more.
- My Bump Nest pillow. Holy moly! There's never been a more comfortable way to sleep. Even Mike likes to cuddle up with it.
- The Peter Pilotto collection being untouched at our Target stores. I'm in love with this dress, but I know it'll get marked down at least by 40% soon!
- Valentine's Day is this week! I've put a lot of thought into the gifts I've gotten Mike so I can't wait to give them to him. It really is my most favorite day of the year. Now I just gotta finish Toby's gift!
- Mike did SO well on his big exam last week! We have his scores and we're so pleased, but we won't know how they stack up until next Friday! Ahh! The anticipation is killing me, but I'm so so so proud of Mike. I promise to share all of the news and plans once we know something for sure. It's such an exciting time for our little family and I think this will mean such good things for our future.
- All of the fun signs I've painted so far this year! The start of the year is always pretty slow for sign paintings. The holiday rush comes and goes and it's pretty slow until wedding seasons starts to gear up in April. This year however? Totally different! I was swamped for Valentine's Day orders and I've only been able to share about 10% of them so far! I can't wait to share the rest but they're secret gifts for folks so I've gotta play it safe. I never imagined this little hobby would be such a big part of our day to day lives. It means so much to me that people have something I created hanging in their home! (If you share a picture of your sign in your home on IG, tag it with #kbsigns or send it to me! I'd love to share it with my readers!)
- Knowing that Spring isn't too far away. I'm not a Winter person. Not in the slightest. I always feel so inspired and rejuvenated once the weather breaks and I can't wait for that to happen. We're on the tail end of the season (finally!) and I can't wait to be outside all day, planting our flowers and garden, and lounging in the hammock. Not to mention Spring means t-ball season for Toby! I love sitting on the sidelines and cheering him on. Bring it on!
There are always little things to be excited about. No matter how crappy your day may seem, there's something worth celebrating! Today I'm going to put some pep in my step and force myself to get up and get it done. It's so easy to stay on the couch all day, snuggled in my pjs, but I'm going to tackle things on my to do list. If the second trimester energy boost won't show up on it's own, I'm just going to force it to haha!
I like the idea of keeping up with little lists like this... things to cherish and enjoy. Maybe I'll share my small celebrations more often!
What little things are you celebrating today?