How'd you do on last week's "intentions?" I'm happy to report that I checked every last one of them off of my list! Granted the snail mail didn't actually get picked up by the post man until this morning, but I still managed to accomplish all 7 goals in just 7 days. Setting those intentions helped me realize that I really enjoy making small, manageable goals, and I'm intending (ha! See what I did there?!) on setting a few each week. That's not to say I'll share all of them (that could get boring fast), but y'all seemed to enjoy hearing about my goals and sharing your own. Feel free to share how you did on yours, and if you're making any new ones this week!
This week I intend to:
- Get up at 6:30am every morning (M-F): I'm pretty good about getting up around 7am, but I need to wake up with the first alarm. That'll get me in my groove hopefully.
- Paint 5 signs just for fun. Usually my best sellers end up being signs that I just toy around with and share for the heck of it. It helps keep me feeling inspired.
- Finish organizing the office closet. I tackled a good portion of it this past weekend, but I've gotta get everything off of that floor!
- Figure out Toby's Halloween costume. He wants to be Raphael from TMNT, so we have to decide if we're making or buying his costume. Oof!
- Photograph 3 outfits. and try to make them not the same old dress and cardigan combo... even though they probably still will be.
- Work on the Him + Honey rebrand.
- Put on real clothes at least 4 of the 5 week days. Easier said than done...
Overall I think I can accomplish those! We're going on a pumpkin patch field trip with Toby's Pre-K class on Friday, so that'll instantly be one day with real clothes! It's hard to believe there are only 10 days left in October... I can't even begin to wrap my brain around it.
I've been wearing the bejeezus out of this dress lately. Even though the colors are more Spring/Summer, the weight of the fabric makes it the perfect chilly weather dress. It's a heavy twill (I think?) and it's so substantial. It's a Knitted Dove dress from PB&J Boutique, and just a heads up, it runs pretty big. (Mine is a medium, in case you're looking to buy!) I love every Knitted Dove dress I have though and this one is no exception. The colors instantly remind me of neapolitan ice cream haha And it has really nice sized pockets, too! I tried to make it a little more season appropriate with the saffron cardigan (my favorite cardigan) and the hunter green bag. I have a feeling you're going to see a lot of these two things this season. My shoes are just some cozy thrift finds from a couple of years ago. I forgot I had them until I stumbled upon them during the office makeover. I love the subtle stitching pattern on them.
This weekend I managed to have the house all to myself (!!!) and I almost didn't know how to behave. Needless to say I watched a lot of Netflix... I even sped through both seasons of Don't Trust The B---- In Apt 23 and I'm so sad it was cancelled! Mike was busy helping my stepdad build stuff all weekend and Toby was hanging out with my mom for Saturday and Sunday. Mike is headed back over there today to work some more so I'm not even sure I'll accomplish much today. That probably sounds awful but you know what? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I rarely ever get a minute alone and I'm gonna just soak it all up haha If you've any good Netflix or Hulu+ recommendations you can feel free to send those my way...
Here's to a new week! Happy Monday! xo
Urban Outfitters sunglasses
Scottie belt (?!)
PS; How cute is the redesign over at PB&J?! New logo + new photos! It looks so snazzy!