Lately I've been paying much more mind to living with intention. I've noticed how uninspired and burnt out I get when I'm just forcing myself to work, work, work. Things get done, but not in a very efficient manner. Then I'm left feeling too worn out to play with Toby or enjoy my evening with Mike. I thought I'd whip up a little weekly intention list to help remind me of what's important in life. Sure, it's important to work hard, but it's also important that I trim out enough time to play Power Rangers with Toby or help him wash his hair. It seems silly to even think about that, but I think a lot of self employed/work at home types deal with this.
This week my list includes equal parts family, friends, business and self. I want my business ventures to succeed, but not at the cost of my family time or general enjoyment. Over the next 7 days I intend on fulfilling each and every one of these personal goals. They're pretty simple, honestly, but I'm hoping they'll make a world of difference.
This week I intend to:
- Send (at least) five pieces of snail mail. A postcard to my penpals, a short but sweet letter to a dear friend, and maybe a little note to my mailman just to let him know I appreciate him.
- Do something for myself every day. Whether it's lay in the hammock and read a book like yesterday, or pouring myself a glass of wine to enjoy in my bubble bath... a little goes a long way.
- Tackle something I've been putting off. Ugh, I guess that'll include a call to our bank to get all of our account information (interest rates, etc) in order to better manage our money.
- Try to not raise my voice. I'm a parent and a wife... and a human being. And sometimes I just lose my cool. Whether I'm cursing the entire shelf I just knocked over or shouting because Toby isn't minding the rules, I'd like to be a little more collected.
- Read Desiderata every day. I owe a lot of my mindset to this very poem. I've said it time and time again, and I'll say it a million more times during the life of this blog, I'm sure. I notice a huge shift in my attitude and my day when I read this in the morning.
- Do one thing to propel *each* business forward. Businesses can only survive if we nurture them. I intend to work on Him + Honey's new branding, establish new product sheets for Honeybean, work on the wireframes for the blog, organize all of my sign supplies, and compile an updated PDF portfolio of my design work.
- Plan (at least) one unplugged evening. My home life shouldn't suffer because I'm not the best at turning off work mode. Vow to spend more time playing with Toby while the weather is nice, and enjoying life off of the internet.
How about you? Any weekly intentions you'd like to share? xo