Part of my 25 Before 26 goal list this year was to spend more time reading y'alls blogs and returning all of the sweet comments that you leave here on LCH day after day. I try to dedicate an evening each week to poke through the comments left that week and spread a little kindness your way. Since I've started doing this, I've noticed a huge change in the way that I view blogging. It's going to sound so silly (side-eye me if you must!) but it's true. I've noticed this new, refreshing feeling when I open my Bloglovin' account or Blogger dashboard. Not just that, but I've also found *so* many new blogs and shops that I'm crazy about. For the past while I've honestly felt jaded and disenchanted by the blog world. I think I let a little bit of negativity breed into something much bigger, and then it sucked the fun right out of it. I've taken certain measures these past few weeks to really try to get my blogging mojo back (whatever that is) and I'm hoping a few of my suggestions will help you feel (and share!) the blog love, too. Everyone enjoys blogging more when it's fun. Let's try and keep it that way!
Here's how you can help spread the love in the blog world:
1. Spend an evening or afternoon perusing your own blog's comments. Click through to the names that you start recognizing. Not only will this help you notice some loyal blog readers, but it's a great boost of self-esteem to read kind and considerate words. Read your readers' blogs. Leave them sincere comments in return. You'd be amazed at how many people you share interests with!
2. Search through their blog and find a post that resonates with you. Scout out their shops and take note of the awesome products they're creating. Share these finds with your readers! On Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog. It's highly likely that your audience would enjoy these things, too. (I'm working on an ever-growing list of new favorite blog finds! Yours might be on it :P)
3. Try and find at least one new blog per week that you really dig. Subscribe!
4. Check out their sponsors and friends in the sidebar or blog roll. Click through to a few that look interesting. Find new blogs and shops that appeal to you, all the while supporting the blogger and their advertisers/friends.
5. Reach out to someone who inspires you. Whether they have 50 blog readers or 50,000 - Let them know that you love what they're putting out into the world.
6. Clear out the clutter! Unsubscribe from all of the blogs that you feel don't add anything of value to your day (even if that includes LCH!) Make room for the inspiring, creative bloggers you've yet to discover.
7. Don't be afraid that you'll "give away your readers" by linking out to someone else. Your readers will be grateful that you shared an awesome new blog or shop. There's enough room on the internet for everyone.
8. Truly read the blog posts of others. Really take it all in. Don't just skim over the body copy and then leave a generic copy-and-paste comment just so you can plug your own blog. Other commenters will be more likely to click over to check you out if you're giving insightful and sincere comments.
9. Engage in the conversation. Did you see a blogger ask about a beauty product or song recommendation? Have you be in the same boat as a fellow blogger and want to share your perspective? Get to talkin'! Don't be afraid of being repetitive or losing your voice in the crowd. The only way you can be heard is if you speak up!
10. Be a source of encouragement and positivity for those around you. Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.
Can you think of other ways to spread the blog love?
PS; A very very special Happy Birthday goes out to one of my oldest and truest best friends, Shannon! I wish we weren't separated by 700 miles, but I hope I get to see you soon! (Psst - her blog is the bomb dot com! Share some of your newfound blog love by popping over and telling her happy birthday!)